2022 TTSGI Conference and Regional Gatherings
The TTSGI Board has continued to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation. While we are very concerned about the current omicron variant, we are hopeful that we can safely hold an in-person conference in Denver, Colorado from July 14-16, 2022.
2022 TTSGI Conference Safety Requirements and Protocols
In order to ensure that the conference is safe for all attendees, we need to put in place safety requirements and protocols for the conference. Please note that these requirements could change as the COVID situation changes and Local, State, and Federal requirements evolve.
- All attendees must show proof of being fully vaccinated OR have proof of a negative test taken within 72 hours of travel to attend the conference.
- Onsite rapid antigen tests will be available and WILL BE REQUIRED for attendees who are not fully vaccinated to enter the conference. The rapid antigen tests will be optional for fully vaccinated attendees.
- Due to the lack of sensitivity of rapid tests to detect positive results early on in an infection, any attendee who exhibits any possible COVID symptoms will not be allowed to attend any conference events and is asked to stay home or stay in their hotel room if they have already arrived.
- Measures will be taken to ensure mask wearing indoors, the layout of rooms includes physical distancing, and hand sanitizers are widely available.
- All attendees will also be required to sign COVID waivers at the time of registration in order to reduce liability for TTSGI.
Our hope is that with these measures in place we can safely hold an in-person conference that is also welcoming and inclusive to all twins. We also ask that each twin evaluates their own risk level before deciding to attend the conference.
Pre-Registration for the 2022 TTSGI Conference
Any twin who has pre-registered for the conference will automatically be applied to the 2022 conference, but all pre-registrants are again being given an opportunity to request a refund, by clicking here if they are not able to attend.
- Refunds will be available until 30 days before the conference at which time, the registration will be closed and no refunds will be available.
- Twins who have pre-registered for the conference will also receive priority registration for hotel rooms before the hotel block is open to remaining TTSGI members, the Facebook group, and the general public on February 1, 2022.
The Conference and Programming committee will work to ensure that some components of the conference are able to be broadcast virtually (either during or after the conference) for any twins who are not able or choose not to attend physically. More information will be forthcoming on that.
In addition to the annual conference, Regional Coordinators will continue to host virtual regional gatherings and other specialized virtual gatherings throughout 2022. Depending on the success of holding an in-person annual conference, there may be in-person regional gatherings held post-July 2022, which follow CDC guidance and local requirements for physical distancing, occupancy requirements, handwashing, and mask wearing. More details on upcoming programming and gatherings will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters. Please know that as a community of healing, we will get through this challenging time together.
Please feel free to reach out to Michelle Getchell, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twinless Twins Support Group